Howard S. Rabb
Howard’s bankruptcy practice focuses on assisting individuals who have found themselves too far in debt as a result of business issues, employment issues, domestic relations disputes, and medical bills. In this regard, he advises clients as to whether the bankruptcy process will help them and how it will help them and ultimately, whether a bankruptcy petition is the right thing for them to do. Those discussions will always include advice relating to whether they should file Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy petitions.
He is also highly experienced in advising clients regarding business strategies to address excessive business debt as well as strategies as to how to continue or redefine that struggling business. Again, that advice may involve a Chapter 7 or Chapter 11 business filing or it may involve non-bankruptcy alternatives.
Howard Rabb participating in Lakeland Community College’s Management Lecture Series
Howard’s bankruptcy practice focuses on assisting individuals who have found themselves too far in debt.
Howard S. Rabb
Education & Court Admissions:
- Cleveland State University Cleveland Marshall School of Law, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit 1986
- U.S. Federal Courts 1986
- U.S. Supreme Court 1999
Associations & Memberships:
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Lake County Bar Association
- Legal Aid Society in Cleveland, Past Trustee
- Cuyahoga County Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section, Past Chairman
- American Bankruptcy Institute
Leadership & Honors:
- Martindale Hubbell AV rated
- AVVO rated Superb
- Super Lawyer
- Lakeland Community College Foundation Board
- Lake County Bar Association Grievance Committee
- University Hospital’s Center for Emergency Medicine Leadership Council
- University Hospital’s Neurological Institute Leadership Council
- Boys & Girls Club of Cleveland, board member
On a Personal Note:
Having been a lifelong Cleveland resident, and attending college at The Ohio State University and law school in Cleveland, Howard is an avid Cleveland and Ohio State sports fan and huge fan of the Cleveland community generally. He is a lifelong Cleveland resident and has worked at the firm in both he Cleveland and Painesville offices since his graduation from law school in 1986, leading the firm since 2005. He is one of a very few graduates of both of the civic leadership programs Leadership Cleveland and Leadership Lake County. Howard also enjoys art, new technology, traveling, helping local businesses and local people, as well as music and attending concerts. Howard has served on various leadership councils University Hospitals of Cleveland. He lives in Solon, Ohio with his wife Elisa, who works for the Cleveland Clinic. They married in 1986. He has two kids: Ethan, a computer programmer, and Erin, a high school math teacher.